As usual, we have sought to address topical issues that are likely to be of interest to most readers. Included in this edition are:
- Green home improvements adding value – the advantages of improving energy efficiency are becoming evident to many homeowners seeking to reduce their outgoings
- More home moves than pre-pandemic – Excluding 2021, this year has seen the busiest start to a year for home moves since 2008
- The Growth Plan 2022 – Following his ‘mini-budget’ on 23 September, the new Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng made changes to the Stamp Duty
- Mortgage market review – It’s been a busy couple of months in the mortgage market, with rising interest rates and new product ideas dominating the discussion
- Cost of living drives equity release increase – Equity release lending figures hit record highs in Q2 2022, reaching £1.6bn
We do hope that you find this newsletter both interesting and informative. Should you have any queries or require more information on any of the articles or any other financial matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.